Friday, December 18, 2015

Thank You for Giving

https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-don039tyousavagemeexplicitlesbianromancefeaturingaboriginalwomen-1555778-166.html
I thought I was referencing a movie title in my subject line. Turns out my memory is terrible and the movie I'm actually thinking of is called Please Give. Kind of at the opposite end of the scale, although maybe Please Give would be a better blog title. Or maybe Thank You for Giving and Please Give More would be appropriate.

Year-end means donation time for a lot of people, myself included.  I just finished my quarterly accounting for the charitable anthologies I've produced and set that money free. Fly, little monies! Fly away home!

https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-lgbtlove10queertransbilesbianandgayromancestories-1894075-166.htmlBut, honestly, I couldn't do it without you. If I'd put out LGBT LOVE and nobody had purchased a copy, I wouldn't have been able donate 100% of my royalties to helplines that serve queer people, young and old. If nobody bought Don't You Savage Me, I wouldn't be able to donate 100% of those royalties to organizations that serve Indigenous women in Canada.

Without you, these would just be books. With you, they serve the populations they depict. I really can't thank you enough. I could thank you a thousand times and it wouldn't be enough.

And I thank you, also, for purchasing my Erotic Poetry Adult Colouring Book, which only came out last week but has sold surprisingly well.  This December, all the royalties I earn from the Erotic Poetry Colouring Book go to http://sketch.ca/

In fact, the Erotic Poetry Colouring Book has done so well that I've turned my flash fiction anthology Flash in the Pen into an adult colouring book, too. It's full of short erotica and barenaked ladies! I've decided to donate all my December royalties from the Flash in the Pen Adult Colouring Book to Sketch as well. Sketch provides street-involved youth and young people living on the margins space and programming to create stuff like music and art. That's awesome, and this new flash fiction colouring book is also awesome, so buy a copy!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/152280014X?tag=dondes-20

Here's that link again: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/152280014X?tag=dondes-20 It just came out today, so show it a little love!

If you can't buy a copy, how about using those social media buttons on the Amazon page to tweet about it, pin it on Pinterest, or share it on Facebook? That would be helpful and I'd appreciate it tremendously. Just like I appreciate YOU tremendously. Love, love, love! All you need is love and adult colouring books!

Hugs,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment