Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Giselle's Savoury Pancake Day Recipe

Mmm.... pancakes.

For dinner this evening, I whipped up a batch of delicious savoury pancakes and they were so super-yummy I'm sharing my makeshift recipe with you. It's never too late for pancakes.

A lot of recipes I see online start with photos, so here is a picture of what Giselle's Savoury Pancake Day Pancakes look like when you're done (eating):


I probably should have taken the picture before I started eating... but now I know for next time.

Giselle's Savoury Pancake Day Pancakes

Ingredients:

Dry~
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
fresh cracked pepper to taste (I used A LOT because I love pepper)

Wet~
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil) + more oil for frying (again, I used olive)

AND grated cheese to taste (I used probably more than a cup, and a combination of old cheddar and havarti but, again, I love cheese. You use what you want.)

Instructions:

1. Combine dry ingredients and add wet
2. Mix until your batter isn't lumpy
3. Fold in your cheese(s)
4. Panfry in oil at medium or low-med heat, turning once.
(Note: If you choose to fry in olive oil, take care. Olive oil can be fussy and it'll burn at high temperatures. I use it for pancakes (and grilled cheese and pretty much everything else) because it creates an incomparable crispiness and I love the taste.)
5. For the love of god, don't burn anything! (including yourself)
6. Eat and enjoy.

Woo! There you have it. I should write a cookbook.

Hugs,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment