Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Six TNG with K.I.L. Kenny

Which excellent editor of such anthologies as Taken, a BBA Menage Anthology, Bite Me, and I Put a Spell on You also happens to be an awesome author? Why, that would be today's guest, K.I.L Kenny!


1. What does "vanilla" mean to you?

A: My favorite ice cream flavor. ;)


2. Is there any moment from your life that you remember in slow motion?

A: Mm, no. I can remember a few moments that seemed to *occur* in slow
motion (usually negative moments, alas), and afterward, the memories are
usually of a single expression or verbal exchange.


3. What's the most unsettling movie you've ever seen?

A: It's a toss-up between "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (the REAL
version, which I saw new in the theater when I was six) for the
worms-on-the-face tunnel scene, and "The Brain That Wouldn't Die," one of
those schlocky B-movies that used to show up on Sunday afternoon TV in the
late '60s and early '70s. Hey, when you're four or five, even bad special
effects are convincing!


4. If you had to get a tattoo on your face, what would you want it to look
like?

A: Probably some really cool eyebrows. The natural ones drive me crazy. ;)


5. How many monkeys jumping on the bed?

A. Five, of course. I always prefer those moments before the attrition
starts.


6. Which of the books or stories you've written is your favourite?

I don't have a favorite "child," really, but I think the one that has been
most successful in coming across the way I meant is my most recent, the
Everyday Spectre "Splash." Here's the blurb:

Alex wants to spend one more season on the family farm before he's forced to
sell the property and move on. What was supposed to be a reflective time is
turned delightfully upside down by Jordan, the beautiful, laughing spirit
Alex finds living in the cow pond. Needless to say, a pond is not Jordan's
usual hangout, and as the autumn wears on, it's clear that Alex will have to
find a way to get Jordan home before the first New England freeze. But if he
succeeds, what will be left for Alex?

Enjoy!

Buying link:
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=220&products_id=2908

--
K.I.L. Kenny
http://katie-kilkenny.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment