Saturday, January 1, 2011

Optimism and Positivity and Gratitude (Oh My!)

You know how every year I say, "I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but..."?


Well, I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but I watched a documentary about the qualities and characteristics of happy people (sorry--I can't remember what it was called!) and among those qualities are:
  • Optimism
  • Positivity
  • Gratitude
For as long as I can remember I've been a jaded pessimist. I KNOW the sky is falling, so what's the good in pretending it's all sunny days ahead? Hmm? Optimists are just people with their heads in the sand (and in that position you'd better believe you're going to get screwed up the ass!)

I'd like to say I was born this way, but according to the documentary I can't even blame a lousy childhood for my negativity. Lots of people have crappy childhoods and go on to become well-adjusted adults. Well, maybe not lots, but at least some.

I feel like I blog about "happiness" quite often. I actually consider myself a happy person (despite my pessimism), so these new resolutions aren't so much a means to an end. They're more like a means to a means. I want to be optimistic for optimism's sake. I want to have a positive outlook on life. I'm pretty good with gratitude, but I could be better. (Does that count as optimism?)

This is a big challenge. It's a total mindset shift. Total. I don't think I can do it, but OF COURSE I would think that way...that's my negativity speaking. My first step toward positivity will be to say, "YES, I can do this!"

I can be more positive, more optimistic, and more grateful in 2011.

Can you?

Hugs,
Giselle Renarde
Canada just got hotter!

Visit me online
http://donutsdesires.blogspot.com
http://www.wix.com/gisellerenarde/erotica
http://twitter.com/GiselleRenarde

No comments:

Post a Comment