Sunday, January 9, 2011

The BLOGGIES are Back~Nominate Now!

That's right, kids! It's time to nominate your favourite blogs for the 11th Annual Weblog Awards, affectionately known as the Bloggies.

All you have to do is visit http://2011.bloggi.es/ to get nominating. Hell, nominate your friends if you want (that's what I did for the most part...although mainly because I love their blogs even more than I love them. Kidding!) or even, I don't know, nominate me? I mean, if you want to...shucks...it's totally up to you...but there is a category for Canadian blogs and another for LGBT blogs...

Okay, I'll quit being coy and just give you the cold, hard facts:

  • If you're thinking of nominating, do it now! Nominations close Sunday January 16th 2011 at 10p.m. EST. Again, the go-to website is http://2011.bloggi.es/
After that:

Wednesday, January 19
200 randomly selected voters receive an invitation to choose the finalists from a list of the most-nominated weblogs in ten random categories.

Monday, January 24 10:00 PM EST
Finalist voting closes. The five (or six for Weblog of the Year) weblogs with the most votes become finalists. I will solve any ties for fifth place.

Tuesday, February 1
Finalists are announced and voting reopens to all to choose the winners.

Sunday, February 20 10:00 PM EST
Voting closes.

Sunday, February 27 8:00 PM EST
Winners are announced and the Weblog of the Year receives a prize of 2,011 US cents (US$20.11).

So there's some added incentive: your favourite blog could win $20.11! LOL Gee, that could pay your...cable bill...in 1983...

Okay, I'm being snarky, but seriously do nominate your favourite blogs today. There are so many different categories and I'm sure you'll have fun perusing the site. Again, it's http://2011.bloggi.es/

Have fun!
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment