Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quick Six Interview with Kathryn Scannell

1. Hi Kathryn! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

KS: So far I've published M/M and M/M/F erotica, mostly in an urban fantasy setting. I've also just done a short M/M historical set in 1904 Ireland. I'm also working on an urban fantasy thriller, with very little in the way of romance.

2. What are you reading right now?

KS: Regenesis by C. J. Cherryh.


3. I hear music in the background…what's playing?

KS: My tastes are pretty eclectic. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Irish folk - the Clancy Brothers, The Wolfe Tones, etc. - to get me in the right frame of mind for the historical I just finished. Gordon Lightfoot and Al Stewart are standbys too.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

KS: Balls.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

KS: Business double speak - Center of Excellence, realigning to meet market conditions, that sort of thing.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

KS: Coke and chocolate chip cookies.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

The very latest short is "Private Performance", available from Torquere Press here: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2385
It's part of their Christmas story line, set in Dublin, Ireland in 1904.

I'm also quite proud of "Leap of Faith", which came out in September as part of Torquere's annual charity line. You can buy it here: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=272&products_id=2203
Proceeds benefit the Matthew Shepherd Foundation.

I've also got a M/M fantasy novel, Embracing the Dragon, currently releasing on Torquere's serial site: http://www.aturnofthescrew.com

You can find updates on my latest releases at my blog: http://kathryn-scannell.dreamwidth.org

Sounds great, Kathryn. Nice to see a Great Canadian Songster on your song list!
Thanks so much for the interview!
Cheers,
Giselle Renarde

No comments:

Post a Comment