Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quick Six Interview with Kalita Kasar

1. Hi Kalita! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

KK: I write both historical and contemporary, M/M and F/F stories. Some of them are paranormal as well.

2. What are you reading right now?
KK: A non fiction book called Dreamwalker: Path of Sacred Power by Mary Summer Rain.

3. I hear music in the background…what' s playing?
KK: It will either be John Denver's Earth Songs Album, or the Debut album of Australian Idol 2009 Stan Walker.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?
KK: I say Damn it! A lot, but I like most dirty words. It depends on the occasion

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?
KK: Not really. In context and at the right time any word or phrase is OK. By the same token, they can be cringe worthy at the wrong moment. Such as when your three year old decides to 'wow' your dinner guests with her vocabulary. Harken unto the voice of experience!

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?
KK: I am not snacking right this minute, but I did have a banana a few minutes ago, and I am sipping on Lemon and Ginger Herbal tea. You caught me just as I got up. :)

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?
KK: My most recent release is a M/M Historical set in Colonial Australia. It is for the Torquere Press Color Box Line. Title is Midnight Blue.

Blurb:

Saul Matthews, the son of a wealthy landowner, dreams of breaking free from his father's overbearing ways and striking out to build an empire in the Australian bush. He longs for his own land and the space to breed fine horses, rather than following his father into the beef cattle trade. To achieve his dream, Saul has trained a fine gray thoroughbred horse, Midnight Blue, and hopes to win a local horse race which will give him the capital to put behind his dream.

When the horse is stolen by Bush Ranger, Daniel O'Malley, Saul gives chase. The attraction between them is obvious from their first encounter, but to act on those feelings is to risk everything, in an era when such 'unspeakable' acts are punishable by imprisonment or death. Available now at Torquere Books http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=204&products_id=2358

My websites:
Kalita: http://kalitakasar.com
Meg Leigh: http://megleigh.wordpress.com

"Midnight Blue" sounds great. I hear the Colour Box line is very popular. (Oops... I mean "Color" Box...I don't think I will ever get used to American spellings. I still try to get away with my "ou" words wherever I can.)
Thanks so much for the interview!
Giselle

1 comment:

  1. Midnight Blue is a really nice read. :) Thanks for having Kalita on here. Always nice to get a bit more insight to a favourite author.

    ~Tis

    ReplyDelete