Monday, November 30, 2009

Quick Six Interview with G.R. Richards


1. Hi there! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

GRR: Sometimes sweet, sometimes unapologetically hardcore guy-on-guy erotica. Always leaves readers sweating…and begging for more. But I’m a closet PBS documentary geek, so I’ll admit there’s an intellectual aspect to my work. I’ll admit that reluctantly. But my primary concern is turning readers on or giving ‘em a taste of romance. Or both.

2. What are you reading right now?

GRR: “How to Lose Friends and Alienate People” by Toby Young. Hilarious! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for the inside scoop on magazines, the fashion industry, and being a huge self-effacing asshole.

3. I hear music in the background…what’s playing?

GRR: White Stripes’ “Blue Orchid.” I like music with a good hard beat to it.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

GRR: Deepthroat. Plow. Hole. Cocksucker. There are so many good ones. Do I really have to choose a favourite?

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

GRR: “Make Love.” Anything prettily euphemistic is a turn-off for me. Call a cock a cock. Call a fuck a fuck. That’s the way I like it.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

GRR: I just ate half a bag of chips with dip. Then a Reese Peanut Butter Cup. What’s next? Maybe some beer nuts. I’m on a strictly-regimented diet, as you can plainly see.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

I’ve got two short stories coming out right….NOW! Both are holiday shorts, and both with Dreamspinner Press.

“Vintage Toys for Lucky Boys” comes out December 1st I think. It’s part of their “Mistletoe Madness” collection. If you’re looking for a sweet romance, “Vintage Toys” is your man.

Max the firm and fit muscle-god doesn't fit Randy's mental picture of an antiques dealer. In fact, he's so smoking-hot, Randy can hardly breathe as Max appraises his shoebox full of vintage toys. The huge amount of money Max offers takes his breath away yet again. All Randy wants is to buy his supportive mom a really great Christmas gift, and this windfall will sure do it. There's only one snag--but it's a huge one--and despite how friendly Max is, Randy's afraid it will be a deal-breaker.

The other, “Ivy League,” is way more hardcore, but still a nice holiday story. That one’s out December 2nd.

With his parents out of the country on winter holiday, Shiv invites biology lab-mate Devon to his house for a final exam cram. Of course, dinner and a study session aren't all he has in mind. The seduction seems almost too easy when Devon invites him to spend Christmas with his family. Will Shiv finally realize there's more to a relationship than just sex?

To get hold of these stories and get to know me better, see my website. It’s http://grrichards.webs.com/

It's funny you should mention PBS, because I happen to be uploading this interview to the blog during the pledge break from Dolly Parton's televised concert on PBS. Listening to her stunning voice brought two things to mind.

Firstly, can you imagine building an entire career on an instrument as fickle as the human voice? It's not a trumpet. If it breaks, you can't go out and buy another one. When you stop and think about it, it really is incredible that anyone can have such a long and prosperous career maintaining a voice with such a sparkling quality as Dolly Parton's.

The other thing you reminded me of, speaking of holiday releases and PBS, was the John Denver Christmas special. Do you remember that? I'm a little foggy, actually. I think there was more than one. Didn't he do a special with the Muppets? But there was another one that had the whole happy-family-around-the-fire feel to it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? L'il help?

Thanks for the interview, Mr Richards! Much appreciated.
Cheers!
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment