Monday, February 9, 2009

Quick Six Interview with Kiki Howell

Quick Six
Interview with Kiki Howell

1. Hi Kiki! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

I write magical erotic romances. I love the paranormal genre. Mostly, my main characters are witches. I have always been interested in Wicca, and I read lots of great books about it and then let my imagination run wild. The erotic elements take the magic to another level! I love the idea of sexual magic.

2. What are you reading right now?

I just got five Gregory Maguire books for Christmas, so I started with Lost because "A Christmas Carol" is my favorite holiday movie. I am always reading a non-fiction book at the same time. I am very interested in the Law of Attraction. So, I am currently wrestling my way through The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels Between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism.

3. I hear music in the background…what's playing?

My MP3 player – I was just screaming along with Coldplay, Viva La Vida. I couldn't possibly explain why I love the song so much, but it really gets me moving.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

Wow! This is a hard one. I guess if I had to pick one it would be a word that isn't bad on it's own, but in the right context can be very naughty – "taste" Go ahead, just imagine the possibilities!

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

If we are still talking about sex and erotica, nothing comes to my mind. But, my heart drops when I pick of the phone and it is one of my kids schools calling! The sex was fun, the kids are stressful!

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

The most amazing cake ever without chocolate in it! The recipe says Chess Cake, and it is absolutely sinful! I love taking it to parties because everyone says it goes well with wine. I have to include the recipe, because it is so easy, too. 1. Mix and pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan: 1 yellow cake mix, 1 stick of butter, and 2 eggs. 2. Cream and pour on top of cake mixture: 2 eggs, 1 stick of butter, 8oz cream cheese, and 1lb box of powdered sugar. 3. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Enjoy!

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

Mystic Stones, An Anthology of four of my stories released Jan. 1 at Whiskey Creek Press Torrid. Also, Jan 19 my short story, "To Save A Witch" releases in the Focus Anthology at Excessica. I have a sexy short story available now at Excessica called "The Healing Spell," it is all about sexual magic and it has gotten three wonderful reviews recently! To find out about my other releases at WCPT and Excessica you can go to my website, http://kikihowell.author.googlepages.com or www.myspace.com/kikihowell or http://kikihowell.blogspot.com. Check out my YouTube videos at www.youtube.com/user/kikihowell

The Tao of Physics sounds great. I was a physics geek in high school. Just the other day I was thinking I ought to get my hands on a copy of The Holographic Universe, which I initially read in my teens. I was really into the interplay of spirituality and quantum physics; there are such clear macrocosmic/microcosmic connections between the two. Maybe I'll reread one "An Open Heart" by the Dalai Lama which I'm at it. *smile*
Thanks so much for the interview!
Giselle Renarde

No comments:

Post a Comment