Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Six Interview with Savannah Reardon

Quick Six Interview with Savannah Reardon

1. Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

SR: I write erotica in all shades and varieties from normal, vanilla romance to hot and heavy BDSM to furry, alien lion-men.

2. What are you reading right now?

SR: Endangered Species by Nevada Barr

3. I hear music in the background…what's playing?

SR: Real Good Man by Tim McGraw (Yahoo Launchcast)

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

SR: I don't really think I have a favorite. I like most all of them. ;)

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

SR: cunt... Though I am trying to reclaim that word and have used it in some of my works.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

SR: Funyuns!

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

SR: At the moment, I have Graceful Love, published by eXcessica. It's a romance filled with some angst brought about by a mother with psychological issues. It's also available on Fictionwise and ARe. Also available on eXcessica is the free read, Unplugged, a hot little story about a woman's experience with a butt plug and anal sex. I'm working on editing a novel length manuscript that I plan to submit to eXcessica in the near future, and I also have another story ready to submit to a different publisher (Dragons anyone?). Readers can get the latest news by going to http://savannahreardon.tripod.com, http://sreardon.blogspot.com, or www.myspace.com/savannahreardon.

I used to feel that way about "cunt"--that it was a bad, bad word--but the more I used it the more empowering a term it became for me, in my work and in my life. You're absolutely right about reclaiming it. "Cunt" is a lot like "Queer." Thirty years ago, "Queer" was a horrible word, but the community did an incredible job of converting it into a title of empowerment. Though, I do know a few older individuals who still shake their heads and ask, "How can you call yourself queer? That's a derogatory term!" But I could go on and on about etymological progression...instead, I'll just say thanks so much to Savanna Reardon for today's Quick Six interview!